Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Anyone else anxious to see RTM using the new iOS4 capabilities?

procopio says:
What are you guys expecting?

I'd like to see background sync completion and calendar alerts.
Posted at 1:35am on July 6, 2010
action.manager says:
Fast App Switching!

(loading/syncing at start (once) and then always having this set of tasks available without starting the application again (and waiting for yet another sync at start) - a real time saver for me!)

Although Background Sync combined with no/optional sync at start might be a good option for that too?

If these features can be combined, that would be even better?
Posted 14 years ago
leah.shalom Power Poster says:
I agree that an iOS4 version is a good thing, but I hope that Bob the Monkey reminds the humans that some of us have older generation iPodTouches/iPhones that cannot handle all of the new features. Could the update work for us too?
Posted 14 years ago
(closed account) says:
+ 1

I'd like to see a Major Update to a category+ App, adapted to iOS4 and to the (screen width) of the iPad.
Posted 14 years ago
procopio says:
They could at least recompile it so the fast app switching works.

Posted 14 years ago
action.manager says:
It's available!

http://rmilk.com/iphoneupdate

Fast app switching and background completion of syncing! :)
Posted 14 years ago
jason.lemieux says:
My big hopes are regarding location and local notifications. It would be a holy grail of sorts if the app could be running in the background and shoot you a local notification when you are in .25 mile proximity to the location associated with a todo. IE - when walking near the drug store you are reminded to buy some nodoze for grinding and mixing into your espresso so you can stay awake enough to get through all of your other todos. But really, that would be the bomb. I wonder if the background apis allow access to location? I'll drool at the idea for now.
Posted 14 years ago
action.manager says:
Yes, iOS4 has a "background location" service as part of its multitasking feature:

http://developer.apple.com/technologies/iphone/whats-new.html

I like your idea!
Posted 14 years ago
nohant says:
+1 jason.lemieux
Posted 14 years ago
procopio says:
@jason.lemleux, I think this would drain the battery pretty quick, right?
Posted 14 years ago
dbo says:
+1 calendar alerts and LOCAL NOTIFICATIONS are must-haves

By the way: Great APP!
Posted 14 years ago
procopio says:
Yes! Calendar Alerts and Local Notifications!
Posted 14 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.