Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Push without network connection doesn't work

dimokrat says:
Hello!

Just purchased 1-month Pro subscription and found that Push notifications don't work without active network connection (Wi-Fi or 3G).

Is there any way to fix it? I can't leave my iDevices with permanent network connection, therefore usually it's turned off, and I can miss the notifications.

Yeah, I can try to use SMS, but it's not very useful at all.

Looking forward for your help.
Posted at 7:45pm on July 6, 2011
brendan says:
A Push Notification that can not be delivered at the time it is issued may be held by Apple for delivery later. Unfortunately, how long the notification will be held is not specified, so some notifications may expire without being delivered.

You mentioned that SMS reminders will not work for you, but you may want to try one of the other reminder methods available. You can find more information about those here.

Hope that helps!
Posted 13 years ago
action.manager says:
Brendan, what about using iOS4 local notifications in RTM?

http://useyourloaf.com/blog/2010/7/31/adding-local-notifications-with-ios-4.html
Posted 13 years ago
brendan says:
Hi action.manager,

The app doesn't currently support Local Notifications, but as indicated in the iPhone app FAQ here, "this is a feature that we'll consider as we work to improve the app in the future".

You may also want to vote for this in our Ideas forum here.

Thanks for your feedback!
Posted 13 years ago
ranbarton Power Poster says:
The firewall at work stifles iOS notifications, so I'd love to have local notifications, too. Great idea.
Posted 13 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.