Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Having tasks hit Inbox on future dates

danhilvert says:
Hi. I am new the RTM and love it. I use the phone widget inbox which shows a red # tasks on my fone screen so that I can look at my fone and see if there are any tasks I need to action.

What I cannot get this to have the red #tasks on widget (which is the same value as the # tasks in the inbox) to show say the number 3 (for example) if there are 3 tasks allocated to today's date.... And I want that # to still read 3 if there are say 20 tasks in there but the other 17 are future dates.

I would be open to solutions that either (a) change the number of tasks in my inbox (which impacts phone and desktops apps)
Or
(b) keeps the number of tasks in my inbox the same but only shows the number 3 (for example) if there are 3 due today.

My pref is (b)

Does my query make sense and can anyone solve it for me?
Posted at 10:39pm on June 11, 2024
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi danhilvert,
There are a few options here. You can show the badge on your Home Screen with a Smart List instead of the Inbox, and make the search for list:Inbox AND due:today, which would filter the tasks the way you want.

Another option (depending on how you use your other lists), would be to use the widget/badge option for "Today" which would automatically only show today's tasks.

I hope this helps but let me know if I've misunderstood!
Posted 13 weeks ago
danhilvert says:
Thanks Andrew, I think you've understood my needs. I will invest a bit of time learning about smart lists .... something i've added to my list of things to do :-) .... after I've done that I'll come back here and let you know if that all went smoothly.
Posted 13 weeks ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi danhilvert,
Sounds good! They work very well since they're custom, and I love helping with them, so feel free to reach out along the way (here or by email if you want any help—no need to wait until you feel like you've learned everything! 💙
Posted 13 weeks ago
danhilvert says:
I would have taken you up on the offer to help Andrew. But after spending 10 mins learning about them and experimenting it all worked perfectly. So sorry but I don't need your help, the software is too good.

So now i have the widget on my android only showing tasks in the inbox that i have not set as low priority.

Great software, thx and god bless you man!

Dan
Posted 12 weeks ago