Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Tag keeps showing up despite being deleted

esther.tseng says:
I recently deleted three tags using the web interface, but one of them keeps showing up when I look at tags on the iPhone app. I can't seem to make it go away on my iPhone, even though the tag is gone if I'm using RTM online. How do I get rid of this tag for good on my iPhone?
Posted at 8:27pm on October 24, 2009
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Tags should be deleted from the iPhone app automatically. But you may want to go to Tags, tap Edit, select the tag, and tap the Delete button to delete it from the iPhone. That will delete it on the iPhone first, which should then sync back to the website (so you could delete it there and sync back for other tags).
Posted 14 years ago
(closed account) says:
@andrewski - You wrote "Tags should be deleted from the iPhone app automatically."

The point is: they don't.
Posted 14 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
I can't reproduce this, which is why I also wrote that you may want to try deleting them from the iPhone app.

Would either of you be able to tell me:
* Whether the tag is in use in a task when deleted?
* The tag name itself that is not deleting?

Perhaps it's something more specific that causes it not to be deleted.
Posted 14 years ago
.langgaard says:
I also have a lot of tags on the iPhone App which appears to remain there even though they are no longer on the web account.

The suggested process to manually deleting them from within the app' is very inefficient.

Wouldn't it be nice to have a feature to delete all tags which have no tasks assigned.
Posted 14 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.