Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Sync not consistently working

simon.vivera says:
I've been having the same problem for the past few months. I have an iPhone 3GS with 3.01 and the latest RTM app. The issue is the sync does not work consistently. For example, i will mark a task completed on the iPhone, and it won't update to the server, even after clicking the sync button multiple times (and seeing the network traffic icon on my iPhone show data transfer). The issue happens if I create a task on the iPhone as well. Eventually the items will sync up (usually after closing and opening the app a few times).
Posted at 4:37pm on November 2, 2009
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Have you tried restarting the iPhone by holding down the power button?

If that doesn't help, it would be worthwhile to try removing the RTM app (once synchronized) and reinstalling it through the App Store?

Hope that helps!
Posted 14 years ago
simon.vivera says:
Thanks Andrew. I have tried rebooting the iPhone to no avail.

I recently upgraded the firmware to 3.1.2 so we'll see how that works out; will keep you posted.
Posted 14 years ago
cno says:
I have the same problem as andrewski. I mark items as completed in the iPhone app but when I log onto the web version, they are not completed. I am running the most recent version of iPhone firmware and RTM app. Please advise.
Posted 14 years ago
cno says:
Sorry, I meant I am having the same problem as simon.vivera, not andrewski!
Posted 14 years ago
cno, does it help if you tap the Sync button?
Posted 14 years ago
cardozo says:
I have found that this is more of a problem with the web app than the iphone app. if I log out of the web app, then log back in, all the changes done on my iphone will appear on the web.
Posted 14 years ago
cardozo, sounds like you're experiencing a Gears problem.
Posted 14 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.