Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

RTM App Badge updates via iPhone Push Notification service

sandeepkhanna says:
After reviewing many iPhone Task/Todo management apps, I landed up at RTM. I do realize that this feature has been discussed quite a bit in the forums but is there a definitive answer or date when the RTM app icon will support badge updates (for pending tasks particularly) via the Push notification service?

I am starting to miss my Windows Mobile based Dell Axim PDA which showed me all my pending tasks right on the main screen!!
Posted at 6:27pm on November 12, 2009
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
This has been supported since 1.1.1.

You just need to set the option (whether to show the number of incomplete tasks or tasks due today) in the app's Settings.

Hope this helps!
Posted 14 years ago
matthew.e says:
Are you saying right now the app badge on your iphone doesn't update when you complete tasks via the web interface?

For me when i complete tasks on the web, the iphone badge will update in about 4 seconds with the remaining tasks pending.

For the this to work for you, however you need a PRO account.

Very well worth it i might add.
Posted 14 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
For the this to work for you, however you need a PRO account.

To be clear, the iPhone app in general is for Pro members. However, these push notifications for the app badge will work for non-Pro members evaluating the app during their 15-day trial also.
Posted 14 years ago
xxdesmus says:
The push badge updates usually happen for me within 3-5 seconds (yes, it's really that fast).
Posted 14 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.