Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Save button is not really saving anything

lemayp says:
Hello,

I have just faced a situation where I changed a task name and realised eventually that my changes where not saved as I was expecting them to be. I just happen to remember what I did initially and could reproduce...

On the Ipod application I had a task to which I wanted to change the name:

- Clicked on the task.
- Click on the Edit button to edit its properties.
- Click on the task name
- Change the name
- Click the "Save" button (yes, it said save)

At that point I left my screen remaining in the Edit page since it contains all the info I needed to do the task. I eventually get out of the RTM application to do something else. Then I have returned to RTM and only then I realised that my changes haven't been saved at all!

I think the mis-assumption come to the buttons name. I think the button to press when editing the task name should be changed from "save" to "Accept", and the button to complete the edition of the task should be changed from "Done" to "Save", since it need to be press for the change to be... saved...

I am continuing to try RTM. I really like it so far

Thanks,

Pierre
(Canada)
Posted at 1:16pm on November 26, 2009
leah.shalom Power Poster says:
Pierre,

Try using the Enter key on your keyboard instead of the Save button. The one time when you need to use both the Save button and the enter key is when you are saving a note.

Welcome to RTM,
Leah
Posted 14 years ago
leah.shalom Power Poster says:
Pierre,

The way to save on an iPhone or iPodTouch is to use the done button after entering a task and then refreshing/syncing the data (lower left corner).

Leah
Posted 14 years ago
lemayp says:
Leah,

Thanks for the reply. My point is that maybe the button name should be renamed as they don`t do exacly what they are saying. Not a big thing, but something that could be improved I presume.

Thanks,

Pierre
Posted 14 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.