Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Connect to iTunes to Use Push Notifications

(closed account) says:
Each time I start Remember The Milk (iPhone), a dialog prompt instructs me with the following message:

Connect to iTunes to Use Push Notifications
"RTM" notifications may include alerts, sounds and icon badges

When I press OK, the dialog disappears until the next time I start the app. FWIW Notifications on the phone are enabled. I have a few other apps like BeeJive, Mint and CNN which push alerts without any problems and have never prompted me to connect to iTunes.

For troubleshooting. I tried the following:

1. Connected to iTunes. Backed up and synced like normal. No change.

2. Deleted app from iPhone then reinstalled through iTunes. No change.

3. Deleted app using iTunes then reinstalled using iTunes. No change.

4. Deleted app using iTunes then reinstalled from iPhone app store. No change.

Any ideas on how to fix this?
Posted at 8:50pm on December 14, 2009
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Even though you're only experiencing this with RTM, this is not specific to our app, but results from a problem between your iPhone and Apple's Push Notification servers that will you prevent you from receiving notifications (from us and/or from other apps). This can happen, in part, from devices that are jailbroken, improperly activated, or are otherwise having problems communicating.

You may want to contact your mobile carrier and/or Apple for support; there are also various discussions around the web about the issue, but they don't have any concrete, specific solutions that I've been able to find.
Posted 14 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.