Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Web app not updating from Iphone app

(closed account) says:
Hi there...

I have noticed there is an issue with the web app not updating from the iPhone app. A restart (relog) of the web app does seem to fix this but I was wondering if there is a more permanent fix in the works?

Thanks
Posted at 4:02pm on January 16, 2010
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
There are two normal causes to this problem:
1. The iPhone app may not have synchronized with the website; could you try manually synchronizing with the website by tapping the Sync button (a round arrow) in the lower left to see if that helps?

2. Gears may cause outdated information to show on the website. Can you check to see if you have it installed? The easiest way to do so is to look on the header of the website for either Offline (no Gears) or a green arrow (Gears). You can also look under the Tools menu to see if Gears Settings is listed there or check Google's site for more instructions specific to your OS/browser.

Let me know what you find!
Posted 14 years ago
cardozo says:
I have always had this problem. I have updated from the iphone (by clicking the sync button) and I do not have gears installed.

If I log out of RTM and log in, all everything is synched. But if I make changes to my tasks on my iphone, they are not reflected on the site unless I log out and log in again, which is not good.

Thoughts?
Posted 14 years ago
That sounds like something on the website; does this happen if you clear your browser's cache and cookies, start your browser without extensions/add-ons, or view your tasks on the mobile site?
Posted 14 years ago
astoloff says:
I've had this as an ongoing issue forever. Nothing updates unless I restart RTM on iPhone.
Posted 14 years ago
astoloff,
It doesn't help to tap the Sync button in the iPhone app?
Posted 14 years ago
cardozo says:
One thing I have noticed recently is that if I switch tabs on the web version and then switch back, it seems to reload the tab and shows the correct tasks. But I expect the behaviour to be that it updates automatically.

Posted 14 years ago
cardozo,
The web app will update, but it doesn't do so immediately; switching to another tab and back is enough to initiate it to update though.
Posted 14 years ago
scooter471 says:
I am running RTM on 2 computers, and it is different on each, can't even sync the web app..
Posted 14 years ago
action.manager says:
On Saturday evening I even lost several tasks that I entered on the iPhone... They were gone both in the iPhone App and on the web on Sunday!

That's not good since RTM is my *trusted* system for GTD!
Posted 14 years ago
scooter471, action.manager,
It sounds like you two are running into different issues than what's being discussed in this topic.

scooter471, would it be possible to submit a Tasks & Lists issue report via our support system?

action.manager, would it be possible to submit an iPhone & iPod touch app issue report via our support system?

Thanks!
Posted 14 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.