Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Badge showing incorrect number

kosiko says:
Hi everybody,

I found that issue: http://www.rememberthemilk.com/forums/iphone/8912/
Unfortunately it is already closed, so I had to start a new topic.

I have the same problem as described by the thread starter. I occured twice today, the badge showed more than it actually should. Showing 4, after entering the application there were only 2. When I quit RTM, it showed then the correct number.

Anything I can do to get rid of that behaviour?
I will monitor it further to try to see when and why it occurs...

Regards,
Stefan
Posted at 4:55pm on February 1, 2010
kosiko says:
Ok, for now I can say it occurs always in the morning (over the night). This morning I woke up and rtm said "5" in the badge. After opening rtm and closing it again it said "1"
As far as I can say it doesn't get any pushes over the night...
Posted 14 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
The app should definitely get pushes overnight. If you change the number of tasks online, does the badge number update? It should update pretty quickly, within a minute or so at the most.

Also, do you receive push notification reminders?
Posted 14 years ago
kosiko says:
Thanks for the reply!

Had the same problem that night again, the badge showed 5, but there were only 2 tasks after entering the application.

Updating the badge (right now) works perfect, it doesn't take a minute until the badge shows the new correct number.
I did get push reminders, at the exact time I entered before. But right now I am trying it with an test task but it doesn't work... I'll retry it and report again...

Thanks for the help!
Stefan
Posted 14 years ago
kosiko says:
ok, tried it twice, strange, but right now I don't get push notification messages when I set a due time...

I changed accounts some days ago, so probably it never worked with my current one, only with the one before...
Posted 14 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
kosiko, if you continue to have problems, would it be possible to submit an iPhone & iPod touch app issue report via our support system?

Please select the issue that you're experiencing from the list on the left, and follow the steps shown. If your issue isn't listed, just click on "I'd like to report a new issue" on the left.

Thanks!
Posted 14 years ago
kosiko says:
Thanks!

I'll do that. I guess first part is to get my push notifications back to work, then, on the second hand, check if I still have the problem with the incorrect badge number...

This morning again, badge said 7, but there were none...

Thanks,
Stefan
Posted 14 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.