Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Web changes not showing up in updated app

billmcfa says:
I just updated to 1.3.0 and changes I've made to tasks on the website do not show up in the app. I had completed one task and deleted one task. Neither sync'd up. I tried multiple times to sync but nothing happened.
Posted at 5:53pm on April 6, 2010
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
billmcfa, thanks for your report. We're checking this out; I'll let you know just as soon as I have an update, or if we need any further info to investigate.
Posted 14 years ago
wojo says:
I have the same problem. I removed and renamed some locations on the web and they aren't syncing down to the iPhone at all.
Posted 14 years ago
wojo says:
Yikes, this is hitting me hard. I've reset twice now but my phone won't stay in sync with the web. Not good. I can't trust what's on my phone now at all
Posted 14 years ago
billmcfa says:
Until they get this fixed you will have to decide to drive RTM from the web or the iPhone. If from the iPhone then at least they will both be up to date.
Posted 14 years ago
scott.latulipe says:
I
am having the same issue too. In fact I have a smartlist on the web that is full of content, buy on the new iPhone app, the smartlist is there, but there are not any tasks.

Help!
Posted 14 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
We've been working to track this one down today; thanks for your patience, everyone.

It turns out it was an obscure bug in our server-side sync code. It was triggered for some users who were unlucky enough to upgrade and sync the app by performing a specific sequence of steps (thus why only some users were affected). We apologise to those who encountered this. :(

We've now fixed the bug in our server-side code so that this situation won't happen again. However, if it's happened on your device and you have 'stuck' changes (i.e., things you've changed in the web app aren't reflected on the iPhone), please follow these steps in the app:

1) Sync the app to make sure any local changes (i.e., changes you've made on the device only) are sent to Remember The Milk.
2) Navigate to the Settings screen (by tapping its icon in the bottom bar, or its item underneath More).
3) Tap Reset at the bottom of the screen.
4) Tap Erase All Content and Settings and confirm your choice. This will erase the application's content from your device and restore settings to defaults.
5) You'll be returned to the login screen; enter your username/password to start a fresh sync.

After this, the iPhone app and the web app should be back in sync. If you do encounter any problems, please be sure to let us know.

Thanks!
Posted 14 years ago
billmcfa says:
It is working now, thanks for finding the problem so quick. I do like the new features in the upgrade.
Posted 14 years ago
ajean says:
Thank you! I was starting to freak out a little. I love the 1.3 changes by the way!
Posted 14 years ago
wojo says:
Fixed. Thanks Emily!
Posted 14 years ago
terri.hamilton says:
Whew! Thanks!
Posted 14 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.