Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Add bar setting to avoid "due today"

wernight says:
I love the add bar on top of the task (iPhone and browser). However as I'm using RTM with TRO (http://www.priacta.com/Training/troonline.php) I like to add tasks without automatically tagging them with the current list.

Meaning if I'm in the "Today" tab, I do NOT want tasks added to be "due: today". Worse is if I set "^never" (on iPhone) it doesn't even work and still set due to today.
Posted at 6:58pm on April 20, 2010
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
I've added the latter bit—setting tasks to be due "never" but it not working—to our list to investigate.

Aside from that, tasks will be added to your default list (and, on the iPhone, with your default due date) unless otherwise specified. When you're in a non-default list or a Smart List that includes some specific criteria, you can avoid the automatic tagging by specifying the criteria you want.

Hope this helps!
Posted 14 years ago
ralfvd says:
wernight is right, if you use ^never it still uses your default due date. other due date actions like ^tomorrow etc will work : only ^never doesn't seem to work.

I'll submit a bug report.
Posted 14 years ago
wernight says:
I'd like an option to "never" use the current list when creating new tasks. Meaning no matter which list (today, smart list, normal list...) creating a new task will have no tag or field defined from my current list.

Reason: I'm on the way and got a new task, I need to write quickly the task. However it's not processed as I don't have time to process it at that moment. To have unprocessed tasks seperate from the rest, I need it to have no special "tag" or "due" or "list" (until it's processed by me later).
Posted 14 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
ralfvd, no need to submit a bug report; as I mentioned, I've added this piece of wernight's initial post to our list to investigate.
Posted 14 years ago
ronnylam says:
ralvd, andrewski, I experience the same issue. My workaround for now is to set the default due date to never.
Posted 14 years ago
wernight says:
Oh yes, I did set default due date to today. It's a RTM "feature" to tag the added tasks depending on the current list you're in. Like when in "today" list, it sets new tasks to be due: today.
Posted 14 years ago
jacobkball says:
I'm glad to hear that the issue with the ^never tag not working when using the Quick Add on the iPhone app is being looked into.

I too have resolved it by going into the app options, and setting the default due date to never, although it did take me a while (and some frustration) before realising that option was there in the first place :-)
Posted 14 years ago
(closed account) says:
Despite my default being due never, it ALWAYS adds new tasks as due today. This is super annoying.
Posted 14 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.