Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Reacuring Tasks

aahnorfolk says:
When i set up a task to reoccur every weekday when i go to 'This Week' the task is only shown same day until i complete the task then moves to next day. Is there any way to have shown on all days so i know what i have on all week
Posted at 12:29pm on April 26, 2010
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
RTM will only show one future instance of a task, i.e. it would show today's and tomorrow's. (Your example of it only showing today's would occur on the first day until the next day arrives, which is when the third instance would be created.)

The only way to show this task every day, all week is to create a separate task for each day. (You can easily do this by duplicating a task.)

Hope this helps!
Posted 14 years ago
ranbarton Power Poster says:
If you want to see multiple instances of a recurring task, you need to create multiple instances of it. E.g., if you want to see it on M-F, then you need to create five separate tasks, each repeating once a week, one for Monday, one for Tuesday, etc.

Not ideal, but it works.
Posted 14 years ago
@andrewski When I replied to this thread, there was no other answer, and now I see it appears you replied before me. Yet the timestamps show your answer six hours after mine and yet your reply appears first. I have had several threads on these boards where I have seen similar quirks, and have even inquired about them in the past.

Can you shed any light into how the order of replies can be altered?

Thanks,
Ran

CropperCapture%5B24%5D.Png

(how this looks to me at the moment)
Posted 14 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Ran,
I'm not sure what happened there, but I see the same on my end. I'll keep my eyes peeled; in the meantime, if you see any different quirks, can you contact us by email with the relevant threads? Thanks for posting about this.
Posted 14 years ago
I've noticed this before in some threads, where I would post a reply and then later I would see that you had replied before me even though I was sure there was no other reply when I wrote my text. Not a big deal, but odd…

http://www.rememberthemilk.com/forums/help/8242/
http://www.rememberthemilk.com/forums/help/9718/

Off had I cannot dig up other instances, but I feel sure there have been some. Happy Friday.
Posted 14 years ago
akempson says:
so, if i'm reading this correctly... i can tell RTM that I need to sweep the floor every day... but RTM cannot remind me that i need to sweet the floor 3 days from now? RTM can only tell me "you need to sweep the floor today... and when you're done sweeping the floor today, i'll tell you that you need to do it again tomorrow". this means that i can't look ahead to say, friday, and see everything that is on my plate for the day as repeating tasks are "hidden"... that seems like a miss?
Posted 14 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.