Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Push Sound/Notifications Not Working, Badge Updates Working

dembo says:
Hi all,

I just received an iPhone 3G replacement (#3), restored from the last backup and now badge updates are working (via push) but sounds and notifications are not.

I made sure notifications are switched on in RTM (I do receive emails) and the rememberthemilk.app notification settings are turned on.

Everything else is working and pushing as expected.

Any ideas on how to fix this?
Posted at 7:35pm on June 15, 2010
stefanr. says:
Hi everybody,

similar problem since about 24 hours... nothing changed in configuration but suddelny no push notifications
Posted 14 years ago
nicofars says:
Exactly the same problem here. Same iPhone that I used for 12 months and notifications were always fine.
Is there a way to see the RTM Notification Status, may be they are experiencing issues, we just need to know :-(

=THIS IS URGENT= can't leave iithout being alerted to do something !
Posted 14 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Thanks for your reports -- we're currently checking this out, and I'll let you know as soon as I have an update.
Posted 14 years ago
stefanr. says:
Now working again... Did you change something??
Posted 14 years ago
Unfortunately there turned out to be an issue on our end, sorry everyone. :(

This has now been resolved (and mentioned on the status blog). All push notifications should now be properly delivered, but if anyone experiences any further problems, please be sure to let us know.

Thanks!
Posted 14 years ago
dembo says:
I can confirm that notifications are now pushed correctly - what a coincidence, me switching devices and RTM having back-end issues. Thank you very much for the friendly support.

There might be an issue with app badge changes via push but I'll have to play around a little bit more to see whether this is just me.
Posted 14 years ago
olivier.legris says:
everything is back
thanks
Posted 14 years ago
nicofars says:
thanks for being reactive. All good.
Posted 14 years ago
mb01915 says:
As far as I can tell they are NOT working,
Posted 14 years ago
chrisvincent04 says:
My tag is still not working properly. The push updates are not working on my iPhone. Any tips to fix this issue on my end? Or is there still an issue on RTM's end?
Posted 14 years ago
dembo says:
Sound and notifications are working on my iPhone, badge updates are broken (at least when using the "Show tasks due today") setting.

Are you guys still working on this or is it an issue on my end (I made sure that the iPhone's push settings are active).
Posted 14 years ago
mb01915 says:
This has to be on their end. Badge counts, sounds and notifications are not working on my phone.
Posted 14 years ago
pascal.quantin says:
I'm facing the same issue as dembo: badge updates (when set to "show tasks due today") are not updated via push. I need to launch the application to get them. Everything was working fine a few days ago and I did not change any setting on my side.
Posted 14 years ago
cobrastyle says:
Same here - my badge updates aren't working. Is there a way to troubleshoot? I've restarted my phone, turned updates off and on both on the phone and on the web site, and restarted my phone, but so far no luck...
Posted 14 years ago
The badge updates appeared to be going out from our system, but we've restarted this particular system just in case there's something quirky happening. Can those whose badges haven't been updating please confirm that the problem is still occurring?

Also, which iPhone OS version are people on? Has anyone here already upgraded to iOS4?
Posted 14 years ago
Oh, and any problems other than the badge updates not working, please let us know -- please tell us if your issue is with badge updates, notifications, or both, and we'll investigate further.

Thanks! :)
Posted 14 years ago
pascal.quantin says:
Badge updates seem to work fine since your reboot. Thanks :)
Posted 14 years ago
chrisvincent04 says:
Just checked and my badge hasn't been updated today, yesterday, or the day before that unless I have opened the app. So, it is still occurring on my iPhone.
Posted 14 years ago
chrisvincent04 says:
Mine badge updates are now working again!! Thanks for the help. Didn't know how much I enjoyed that number going down on it's own until it wasn't updating.

Thanks,

CV
Posted 14 years ago
mb01915 says:
Working now thank you.
Posted 14 years ago
cobrastyle says:
Just confirming that my badge updates are working again. THANKS!!
Posted 14 years ago
eric.r.park says:
I wanted to indicate that I have lost sound and vibration on my push notifications since updating to iOS4 yesterday. It appears the status blog was last updated before the general release of iOS4. Can I kindly ask that you revisit this issue? Thanks.
Posted 14 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
eric.r.park,
If you haven't done so already, would it be possible to submit an iPhone & iPod touch app issue report via our support system?

Please select the issue that you're experiencing from the list on the left, and follow the steps shown. If your issue isn't listed, just click on "I'd like to report a new issue" on the left.

Your report should provide all the info that we need to investigate further, but we'll be in touch via email if we require any more details.

Thanks!
Posted 14 years ago
tifab says:
Hi everybody,
I'm running RTM on my IPhone 4.
BadgeApp is working fine,
But notifications NOT.

Please help.
Posted 14 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
tifab,
If you haven't done so already, would it be possible to submit an iPhone & iPod touch app issue report via our support system?

Please select the issue that you're experiencing from the list on the left, and follow the steps shown. If your issue isn't listed, just click on "I'd like to report a new issue" on the left.

Your report should provide all the info that we need to investigate further, but we'll be in touch via email if we require any more details.

Thanks!
Posted 14 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.