Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Marking task as completed - am I missing something?

lasthunter says:
I recently switched from Android to iPhone and that means switching to iPhone version of RTM as well :)

I loved the Android app UI, however I understand that iPhone app UI must be different, because of lack of hardware buttons ;)

But the navigation and the workflow is so different. E. g. on Android, I can complete a task by two touches/clicks - check the task and click on Complete. On iPhone, I must click on the task, click Edit task, scroll down a little, click Complete task and click Back to get to the tasklist again. That's four touches/clicks and that gets really annoying.

Is there any shortcut that I possibly overlooked or should I get back to Android? :o)

Thanks.
Posted at 7:15pm on June 16, 2010
lasthunter says:
And one more thing - I want one of my smart lists to be shown as default list - but the app allows me to choose only from the regular lists. This is also possible on Android with no problem.
Posted 14 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
1. You can swipe (to the right) to complete a task. (You can also do this in most lists, e.g. Mail to delete.) You could also tap Edit at the top right, check multiple tasks, and either complete or postpone them via the buttons at the bottom (which is more analogous to what you were doing on Android).

2. The iPhone app loads to whichever list you were last viewing, so your best bet is to view the list you want before exiting. (You can also customize the buttons that show up at the bar on the bottom; see our FAQ.)

In general, the iPhone app matches Apple's design patterns, so as you get used to the iPhone in general, the app should make more sense too. Let us know if you have any other questions!
Posted 14 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.