Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Date Picker Defaults to Yesterday

ajarnmark says:
When adding a new task from the Today view in the iPhone app, the default due date shows today correctly. However, when I tap on it to refine, such as to add a time, and then tap on the Picker tab, the date now defaults to yesterday instead of today.

In case it matters, I am in the U.S. Pacific Time Zone (GMT - 08:00) which is properly set on the web site settings. I don't see any place in the iPhone app where that would need to be set.
Posted at 3:47pm on August 12, 2010
ajarnmark says:
By the way, this is in iPhone App version 1.4.0.
Posted 14 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
I've added this to our list to investigate; sorry for the inconvenience.

In the meantime, you should only notice this when using the Picker, so either using the Basic/Custom modes or manually correcting the date should work.

Hope this helps!
Posted 14 years ago
stefanc says:
I'm seeing the same issue (with a German iPhone and RTM 1.4.0). It seems to be connected with multitasking on iOS 4. When the app is launched, it now might remain active for several days, but the date picker does not update itself and still begins at the date when the app was launched initially. I saw a difference of several days (showing August 8 as "today" in the picker when used on August 13), so this cannot be a timezone mismatch.
Posted 14 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
We've been able to track this one down (it's caused by an issue in iOS 4, unfortunately).

We have a fix that will be available in our next app update -- we'll be submitting that to Apple shortly. We apologise for the inconvenience in the meantime!
Posted 14 years ago
action.manager says:
Ah, wish I had read the forum before I submitted the same issue seconds ago...
Posted 14 years ago
ajarnmark says:
Thought I was going crazy for a little while there with everything new immediately being overdue, until I slowed down and saw what was going on.

Glad to hear there's a fix in the pipeline! Thanks!
Posted 14 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
This is now fixed in the latest app update (1.5.0, see release notes).

Please let us know if you come across any further issues.

Thanks! :)
Posted 14 years ago
ralfvd says:
I updated to 1.5.0 ; but I still have the same issues. If I add a task, and click the due date (which defaults to today, Monday August 30 in this example), then I see the following list:

Never
Today
Tomorrow
Saturday
Sunday
Monday (checkmark)
Tuesday
Wednesday

Today is monday. If I press Today and Save, the due date is Thu, 26 August 2010 . I think this is the day I started the App.

If I kill the app and restart, the date pickers works fine. Probably for just one day ;-)

I have iphone 4 with IOS 4.0.2 and RTM 1.5.0
Posted 14 years ago
ralfvd,
That sounds like a slightly different issue than was being discussed here (a discrepancy between the Basic and Picker modes of selecting a date).

I've added the issue you mention to our list to investigate; thanks for letting us know!
Posted 14 years ago
stefanc says:
This is the same issue as reported before; It doesn't concern only new tasks but editing existing tasks also. If I select a task due "today" from the Today list and want to edit the due date, the date picker shows a check mark on "tomorrow" (actually, it says "Morgen" since I use the German language version). If I choose "today" ("Heute"), the date is set to August 30th, the day RTM was started. Except for the wrong starting point, all dates are calculated correctly otherwise.
Posted 14 years ago
stefanc,
The issue described here is where the Basic mode shows a date (e.g. "Today") checked and switching to the Picker would then show the day before (e.g. "Yesterday").

The issue you and ralfvd describe has to do with the app not refreshing its content correctly (e.g. at midnight when the date switches); we addressed some of these issues in 1.5.0 but we're investigating this further.

Thanks for letting us know!
Posted 14 years ago
ofire says:
I'm having the same issue as Stefan, and I've also noticed that it's not syncing tasks automatically some days.
Posted 14 years ago
fernandofeg says:
I'm using the 1.5.0 version and having the same issue... Tks!
Posted 14 years ago
mb01915 says:
I am also having the same issue using version 1.5.0 The date picker is one day behind.
Posted 13 years ago
If you're using 1.5.0 and experiencing issues like this, would it be possible to submit an iPhone & iPod touch app issue report via our support system?

Please select the issue that you're experiencing from the list on the left, and follow the steps shown. If your issue isn't listed, just click on "I'd like to report a new issue" on the left.

Your report should provide all the info that we need to investigate further, but we'll be in touch via email if we require any more details.

Thanks!
Posted 13 years ago
bitschnau says:
I am still having this issue and submited an issue report.
Posted 13 years ago
mb01915 says:
No change. This is still happening.
Posted 13 years ago
mb01915,
We haven't been able to reproduce this since 1.5.0 as mentioned above; would it be possible to submit an issue report with some details so we can discuss this?

We'd love to take a look and see what's going on.
Posted 13 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.