Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Freeing Remember The Milk for iPhone

emily (Remember The Milk) says:
We've announced a pretty big change to Remember The Milk for iPhone today -- please check out our blog post if you haven't seen it already. If you have any questions not answered in that post, just let us know and we'd be happy to answer them. :)
Posted at 10:45am on August 26, 2010
thorstenvpk says:
Hooooray, thanks for that kind offer!
Posted 14 years ago
jerry.joanis says:
is this ONLY the app, or the web app too?
Posted 14 years ago
Hi Jerry,

These changes only affect the app that's available on the App Store.
Posted 14 years ago
(closed account) says:
When's the free version for the droid going to be available?
-D
Posted 14 years ago
d00101010, we're seeing how the iPhone app change goes first... :)
Posted 14 years ago
sdhunter says:
Great news. I will be going PRO next month anyway. great service
Posted 14 years ago
lighthouse084 says:
So, if the iPhone app change goes well, then a free android app is in the future? How far in the future?
I want to go pro and ironically, this will give me more of an incentive to go pro.
I want the rest of my family (Android and iPhone users) to use RTM and share lists with me. However, they do not need to sync too many times.
I am the only extensive user of RTM in my family.
So, having the rest of my family get the app for free would be great.
Free mobile apps will do wonders for RTM's popularity.
Posted 14 years ago
(closed account) says:
Are there any functional changes in today's update?
Posted 14 years ago
cheeseslope, there's no new features in this update, although we did include a bunch of bug fixes to resolve some recent issues (see the release notes if you're interested in those :).
Posted 14 years ago
raymoncy says:
Dear Emily,

Since the app's update, I cannot access anymore to the free premium period. I am limited to 1 update / 24h whereas I start using my free premium period 3 days again. Would it be possible to be able to test the premium version during the complete 15days-free period?

Thanks a lot for your answer
Regards,
Cyrille
Posted 14 years ago
raymoncy says:
My "problem" has been solved by Twitter. Thx a lot!
Posted 14 years ago
lighthouse084, thanks for your feedback! It's something that we'll look at once we've evaluated how it goes on iPhone, but right now I don't have a timeframe (the iPhone change only went live 24hrs ago :). We'll be sure to keep everyone updated though!
Posted 14 years ago
raymoncy, no problem, glad to help! :)
Posted 14 years ago
sdhunter says:
Quick question. Does it charge through the appstore or take you off to paypal or something to order?
Posted 14 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
sdhunter,
The in-app purchases will charge through the App Store; upgrading to Pro through our site will use PayPal as usual.

Hope this helps!
Posted 14 years ago
bteeling says:
Where is the option to upgrade to the pro version in the App store?

Sorry if I'm missing something obvious, but I only see the free version (which I have already).
Posted 14 years ago
acirovic says:
Make the web app also free. It makes no sense to keep it as pro only feature.
Posted 14 years ago
thorstenvpk says:
bteeling, get the "free app" and go to the app store again to see the "in app purchase" at the app´s info.
Posted 14 years ago
thorstenvpk says:
aciovic, the web app is still free, no need for pro there, or do I miss something in your question?
Posted 14 years ago
pat.taylor says:
Went pro EXACTLy one day before the change... only to get iphone/ipod access! No worries, great product. Will keep my pro account. Someday I MIGHT want to sync more than once/day. :)
Posted 14 years ago
acirovic says:
The mobile web app is free (m.remember...), the iPhone optimized version at i.rememberthemilk.com is not (Pro only feature).

There is still value in PRO accounts, like unlimited sync and location based notifications. For the rest of us, having access to the web app would at least partially offset the limitations imposed by the once a day sync.
Posted 13 years ago
glory4england says:
Being a busy grad student, RTM saved my life so many times this semester (considering how forgetful I am). Just went pro after using the basic version for a few months!!! Keep up the amazing work guys!!!

P.S. the $3 a month plan is amazing, it is what got me to go pro!
Posted 13 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.