Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

iPhone app allways asks for iTunes password

rolf.suter says:
Since I bought the Pro version in the iPhone app, the program is allways asking for the iTunes password each time I start the App.

I have already uninstalled and reinstalled the app but the app still asks for the iTunes password.

How can I prevent this?

Thanks
Posted at 2:09pm on October 12, 2010
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
If you haven't done so already, would it be possible to submit an iPhone & iPod touch app issue report via our support system?

Please select the issue that you're experiencing from the list on the left, and follow the steps shown. If your issue isn't listed, just click on "I'd like to report a new issue" on the left.

Your report should provide all the info that we need to investigate further, but we'll be in touch via email if we require any more details.

Thanks!
Posted 13 years ago
danstoke says:
I am having the same issue. Please provide a link to the resolution and/or issue if it has been created.
Posted 13 years ago
rolf.suter says:
Thank you for your reply. I have already submited an issue report a few days ago. Hope we will soon find a solution.
Posted 13 years ago
danstoke,
Can you submit an issue report? We'd want to discuss some specifics with you. Thanks!
Posted 13 years ago
(closed account) says:
I'm also having the same issue. Please let us know if you hear anything. Much appreciated!
Posted 13 years ago
veeemmess,
Please submit an issue report so we can discuss some particulars with you.

Thanks!
Posted 13 years ago
rolf.suter says:
A few days ago I switched to the iPhone 4, since then I do not get the password prompt anymore.
So for those who still have this issue, I would try to restore the iPhone with your latest backup.

Of course that does not fix the original error, but apparently it helps.
Posted 13 years ago
liz.eidsness says:
I'm having the same issue as listed above. I switched to pro for a month to try it and now I'm getting password prompts regularly. I have IOS4. I don't want to submit a new ticket when clearly there are a few from above already submitted. Do you want me to submit a new one anyway?

Thanks,
Posted 13 years ago
Below is what we know about this problem; it'd be most effective to submit an issue report so we can discuss specifics with you, but this information may help also:
1. It's possible for this to happen while your Pro transaction is still pending, but if this is the case, you'll likely only see it before you receive your iTunes receipt.

2. Removing and reinstalling the app may help. (Your Pro purchase will still apply, of course.)

3 If the password still pops up after that, our app may not be the issue; ultimately, this seems to be some kind of iOS problem that sometimes happens with our app. There are many discussions about this general problem on Apple's Discussions forums.

Beyond that, yes, definitely contact us and we'll see if there's anything else we can do.
Posted 13 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.