Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Sync problems

andre.utexas says:
Hi,
I have RTM app for iphone and I am really annoyed with sync in the app. I have installed the app on March 14 and have addes some tasks then. Today is March 17 and the "today" for the app is still March 14. That means that the app is NO HELP in tracking past due tasks and upcoming tasks. No matter how many times I sync with my RTMweb (which shows the dates perfectly fine), the dates are still messed-up. I have even reset the app (it's a weird log-out option, btw), but when I log back in, it shows me March 14 as " today". Any thoughts?
Posted at 8:04am on March 17, 2011
brendan says:
Sorry for the inconvenience.

In the meantime, to correct the date in the app, you should be able to quit the app and restart it. The Unofficial Apple Weblog has a helpful description of how to quit an app manually.

Hope that helps!
Posted 13 years ago
slerts says:
I am also having sync with outlook. It synced the first time but since buying pro membership, it did not sync anymore. should I reinstall RTM outlook sync?
Posted 13 years ago
brendan says:
slerts,
If you are having trouble syncing with Outlook, would it be possible to submit a MilkSync for Microsoft Outlook issue report via our support system so we can take a closer look?

Just select your issue from the list on the left, and follow the steps shown. If your issue isn't listed, click on "I'd like to report a new issue".

Your report should provide all the info that we need to investigate further, but we'll be in touch via email if we require any more details.

Thanks!
Posted 13 years ago
rblieber says:
Just tried to sync for the first time. Didn't happen. I'm seeing the newly entered tasks on the Web version and the iPhone app simply did not pick them up. No idea what I might be doing wrong. Ideas? Thanks...
Posted 13 years ago
brendan says:
rblieber,
Would you be able to contact us and submit an issue report by email? We'd love to get some additional details on this so we can take a closer look.

Thanks!
Posted 13 years ago
kmccro27 says:
Hi my problem is that it is showing the correct date, but the tasks and new lists I have added are never updating into the RTM full site and therefore they are not showing up in my iCal for my iPhone. My iPhone is registering that it is picking up two calendars but since my tasks are not showing on the full site when added to the iPhone app, they aren't updating into my calendar
Posted 13 years ago
brendan says:
kmccro27,
This is also a situation that we'll need to get some additional details on in order to investigate it further. Would you be able to contact us as well?

Thanks!
Posted 13 years ago
niamhiepoos says:
I just tried to sync my RTM tasks into my calendar but they're not appearing in my calendar on my phone. I bought the pro version for that very reason. Please let mr know how to make this happen. As detailed in your FAQ, I set up RTM as a subscribed calendar in my iCal but it doesn't work. I want a refund if this sync doesn't work.
Posted 13 years ago
brendan says:
niamhiepoos,
First, be sure that you are subscribing to the iCalendar (Events) feed on your phone to make the tasks appear on your calendar.

If that doesn't appear to be the problem, please contact us so we can take a closer look.

Thanks!
Posted 13 years ago
lhols says:
I just tried to sync my RTM tasks into my online RTM account they're not appearing. I have new tasks and Lists, but none are showing???
I will make a official question report.
Posted 13 years ago
brendan says:
lhols,
I see your support request in our system. We'll be in touch by email as soon as possible on this.

Thanks!
Posted 13 years ago
jan.hilmers says:
Mein Rechner ist heute Abgestürzt, was nichts mit RTM zu tun hatte. Es lief aber im Hintergrund.
Nachdem der Rechner neu gestarted wurde sind alle meine Aufgaben verschwunden. Nur die erledigten sind noch da.
Ich habe einen iPod Touch auf dem die App läuft und mit dem alle Aufgaben synchronisiert werden.
Auf dem iPod sind noch alle Aufgaben vorhanden.
Ich kann sie aber nicht in die Web Application synchronisieren.

Was kann ich tun, um meine Aufgaben in die Web Application zurück zu bekommen ?
Posted 13 years ago
brendan says:
Hi jan.hilmers,
Would you be able to contact us so we get some additional details on your situation?

Thanks!
Posted 13 years ago
jan.hilmers says:
I have found now where the problem was.
All lists where I put my task into have disapeared. Thats why I could not see
my task anymore. They where still there, so I got the reminders via email,
but I could not see them in the task list.

Deleting all lists did solve the problem. After that all task appeard in the Inbox list again.

So deleting and then making new lists solved the problem somehow.

The syschronisation with my iPod is working good. But sometimes there is
a problem. I see the "I am busy cycle" turning forever and a new task will not be sent to the iPod.

I tried to logout of RTM and loged in again, but still the cycle is turning.

Is there anything else I can do ?
Posted 13 years ago
jan.hilmers says:
I have to correct me. The synchoronisation with the iPod just took longer then normal. But the "I am busy" cycle just do not stop turning and this seems not right ?!
Posted 13 years ago
brendan says:
jan.hilmers,
If you're having trouble syncing between the web app and your iPod, either because tasks are not transferring or because the "syncing" icon doesn't stop spinning, would you be able to contact us? We'd love to take a closer look at what might be going on.

Thanks!
Posted 13 years ago
cansteg says:
I have created some tags on my RTM iPhone version but they don`t appear in the web app. I don`t understand why they not syncing...?
Thanks for help!
Posted 12 years ago
yefah says:
Sync problems:
- tasks I made on my iPhone do not show up on the web; and now they are gone from the iPhone as well;

- changes I made on the web (like another due date) do not show up on the iPhone, but new Inbox items do;

- "last Sync" on the iPhone was showing all day 18 oct, not 19, even after many times manual syncing; . That is all right now, but the data are stil not synced;

- I realise now that it was not me who was confused lately, but it was RTM, I think some of these things are going on for quiete while now.

Thank you for your help.
Posted 12 years ago
brendan says:
Hi yefah,
Would you be able to contact us as well so that we can get some more details on this?

Thanks!
Posted 12 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.