Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

restore list

avv.fabio.palano says:
Hi to all.
I've a great problem. Trying to share a list with my colleague, i accidentally deleted on web app the list with my important work tasks, hundreds of them.
I didn't sync yet with the iphone app, so i have my entire list on the iphone, not on my web app.
Is there a way to restore the list on my web app?
I changed the name of the list on the iphone, but i'm afraid that's not enough.
What if i sync? I'll lose my list and tasks?
Any help, please... thank you.
Posted at 9:06am on May 25, 2011
brendan says:
Unfortunately, renaming the list on your iPhone will not prevent the deletion from syncing.

However, when you delete a list, the tasks in that list will not be deleted. They will be moved to your Inbox. So your task data should still be available in the web app.

You may want to try undoing your last action to undo the deletion of the list. You can undo multiple times until the start of your session. (And the undo "history" lasts as long as your browsing session is active, so if you log out, refresh, or close your browser, it will end there.) To undo your last action, click on the More Actions dropdown and select the Undo Last Action option.

Hope that helps!
Posted 13 years ago
avv.fabio.palano says:
no hope for me. but what if i create another list on the iphone and move the tasks on the new list?
Posted 13 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
That may help for unshared tasks, but probably will not work for shared tasks. It would be best to find those tasks in your or your contact's Inboxes and to move them to a new shared list.

Hope this helps!
Posted 13 years ago
avv.fabio.palano says:
I can find no tasks in the inboxes.

So I did that: on the iphone, I created a new list and moved all the taks in there. Then synced.

As result, on the webapp I have only the list tab I created on the iphone, but no tasks in, where on the iphone I have all my tasks.

It seems that syncronization doesn't work. Why?
Posted 13 years ago
brendan says:
I see that you submitted an issue report on this. We'll be in touch by email as soon as we have an update.

Thanks!
Posted 13 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.