Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Outlook 2003 + Siri (IPhone) + Gmail

stephen.lum says:
Hi,

I'm a RTM newbie -- just signed up a few minutes ago.

I'm posting on the forums, as I am looking for a task / organizational solution that supports my usecase:
- I'm an employee at a large company stuck on Outlook 2003.
- I am an IPhone 4S + Siri user. To sync between my phone and work Outlook calendar, I use gmail + Outlook Gmail sync(free version)
- I should add that I'm also a newbie IPhone user, and truthfully converted primarily for Siri(previous BBerry user).

I want to do the following:
- I want to continue to use Outlook when I am at a PC to handle my organization. I'm comfortable with outlook and like the UI for managing my calendar and tasks
- I want my Outlook calendar & tasks to be sync'd with my IPhone 4S
- I want to create Reminders and Calendar events with Siri, and obviously sync with my work Outlook. This is how I have just discovered RTM.

I have browsed RTM forums and FAQs and I think RTM can do what I want, but I still am not 100% sure. I would appreciate if someone could help / advise....

1. Can someone tell me if RTM is the solution I'm looking for?
2. If the answer to #1 was yes, I'd appreciate if someone can provide / advise an idiot proof guide on how to best set this up
3. Can someone confirm that Siri created reminders will not be visible in the native, IOS 5 Reminders app? But they will be available in the RTM app available @ apple appstore?

Sorry if I'm a little paranoid, but I want to know everything will work before I start mutating my calendars, contacts, task lists etc that I have spent years organizing and that I critically rely on. Obviously the last thing I want to do is spend hours / days trying to restore...

Btw - I'm more than happy to upgrade to Pro if RTM can do what I need!

Sorry if I have posted to the wrong forum; wasn't sure if it was more appropriate under IPhone or under MilkSync

Thanks very much
Posted at 9:43pm on December 3, 2011
brendan says:
Hi stephen.lum,
The service that we offer for syncing with Outlook is called MilkSync for Outlook. This service allows you to sync task items between Outlook and Remember The Milk. You won't be able to use it to sync calendar events from Outlook, though, sorry.

To set it up, download and install the software from here to your PC. This service is available exclusively to Pro users, but offers a free 15-day trial so you can try it out.

Concerning the tasks added via Siri, you're correct that they will not be available in the Reminders app. Once added, they will be pushed to your Remember The Milk account. From there, they will be synced to the various platforms you're using, including our iPhone app (available from the App Store).

Hope that helps!
Posted 12 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.