Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

How to deal with Multiple Accounts (Gmail and Exchange)

sfroehlich says:
Hey there,

I am using RTM together with our exchange account with Outlook and its works very well.

Now is there a way to use my private account within the application as well without mixing everything up?

I am using the GTD Plugin in Outlook and have roughly the same setup in GMail although haven't found a proper task management for that yet for the iPhone.

Any recommendation is welcome how to solve this "issue".

Thanks a lot in advance,

stefan
Posted at 11:52am on November 24, 2012
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi Stefan,
It should work just fine to use multiple email accounts in Outlook alongside MilkSync for your tasks. The only consideration there is that MilkSync only synchronizes your tasks from the Tasks folder in your primary account, so (assuming that's your Exchange account) you'll want to make sure you add any tasks under your Exchange account to get them to sync.

If you have any problems syncing any tasks, don't hesitate to contact us; we'd love to help resolve anything you run into!
Posted 11 years ago
sfroehlich says:
Hi andrewski,

sorry for the late response to this matter :)

well actually I don't use multiple accounts in Outlook - just my work account. the private accounts sits in gmail.

having a lot of different task categories, I actually don't see a way to sync both accounts without messing things up :)

I am happy to send you my current setup of categories and we may see if we can get something like a workaround or so :)

thanks
Posted 11 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi Stefan,
MilkSync should sync fine with Remember The Milk then, and you can use any of our Gmail services to access your tasks in Gmail.

If you want to discuss any more specifics, feel free to contact us to discuss some specifics!
Posted 11 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.