Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

App: You have tasks due... Me: I know, I did them!

(closed account) says:
This is my workflow...

... in the morning, I sync (just in case) - then turn off wifi for the day to save batteries (ipod touch) - and I have no wifi during the day anyway

I do tasks. When I come home, I turn wifi back on.

It syncs. It tells pops up a window telling me I have N tasks to do. No I don't, I did them!

I think it's getting the tasks for the day, generating the report and THEN crosschecking against tasks I've marked as done. It should do the crosscheck before giving me the report.

Also, in the evening the number of tasks to do for the day on the icon is wrong, unless I open the app and close it again.

It's not a dealbreaker, i.e. information isn't lost, but it's rather annoying!
Posted at 5:51pm on November 9, 2009
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
It sounds like, in both cases, you're dealing with push notifications.

With the popup, that's a push notification telling you the tasks you have due either at a particular time or for the day. (You can check your settings on the website, in the Settings on the Reminders tab.)

The badge icon is updated via another push notification.

In both cases, these notifications can only be received if you have an active Wi-Fi connection. Since you do not, the notifications will be queued by Apple to be sent when your iPod is "available". If you're persistently active on a network, you would find that these notifications keep your RTM experience current without having to open the app, but as your situation currently is, I'm not sure there's much remedy to this.
Posted 14 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.