Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

autocorrect on the iPhone app

rcamner says:
In a lot of the iPhone apps, autocorrect as you type works (and I need it when the iPhone is in portrait more...I have fat fingers that miss the right key more often than I'd like to admit!).

In the RTM iPhone app, autocorrect doesn't seem to be enabled. Is that a deliberate decision on the part of RTM to leave this out? Or is there something else behind this I'm not aware of?
Posted at 5:55pm on December 14, 2009
jdonnici says:
I came to the forum today about the same issue... it's really frustrating to have that "Quick Add" textbox at the top of the list, only to have it slow me down by having to be so slow and deliberate with my thumb typing.

The phone's auto-correct seems to be doing a decent job of fixing things for me in other apps.

It's worth noting that auto-correct IS enabled when entering notes on a task - but why not have it enabled on the textbox for adding a new task item?
Posted 14 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
AutoCorrect also works when using the Add Task screen (instead of the textbox).
Posted 14 years ago
gavhorn says:
So to clarify, this IS a deliberate decision to not have autocorrect enabled on the "Quick Add" box - rather than a bug?
Posted 14 years ago
jdonnici says:
Good question... it's not clear to me whether not using it on the Qiick Add textbox is intentional (so don't bother hoping for a fix) or just an oversight that will be addressed in an update.
Posted 14 years ago
astoloff says:
Not having autocorrect on Quickadd is a very big bummer for me. I spend so much time correcting my typing.
Posted 14 years ago
dacejames says:
Even if it was a deliberate decision, there really should be an option to turn Quick Add autocorrect on and off in the settings.

It's not very quick at all when we have to be so careful :(
Posted 14 years ago
seandrice says:
Yes, I would also like to encourage RTM to give us the option to enable the auto correct feature.

It seems to me that the whole point of a quick add box is so that it is QUICK! and this is the most used interface in the entire app!

I find myself using the crappy notepad on the phone and pasting the tasks in later on my laptop because of how broken this is :-(
Posted 14 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.